Wednesday, April 10, 2013

J Crew Factory Is A Come Up!


One of my favorite songs right now is Macklemore's Thrift Shop! The beat is banging and unique, but his lyrics personifys my take on the fashion industry. I'm always trying to find a "Come Up!" I hate paying full price, because I know the clothing industry is a 100% to 1000% mark up depending on the brand as well as retailer. So when I'm shopping I'm willing to pay only what I think the item is worth and whether or not I need it in my wardrobe. I used to be an emotional buyer, but over time I've been able to reel that in and be more conscience of what I buy and my budget.

I've always been a fan of J Crew since Millard "Mickey" Drexler took over the reigns and revamped the men's look. I had finally found what I was looking for in the J Crew style, but most importantly, it fit me perfectly without having to have it tailored. Most designer clothing doesn't fit athletically fit men, but I've found J Crew to fit just right. Now, don't get me twisted not everything at J Crew is inexpensive, but I will say everything is well made.

But here's the "Come Up" I was talking about earlier. J Crew has an online factory store http://factory.jcrew.com and the deals are the bomb. If you're like me you'll wait until the price is right, like Bob Barker, before you'll buy an item. Nothing hurts worse than seeing something you paid full price for one day be half off the following week. I've been burned like that before on several occasions, but I vowed never again. I started to show some restraint and before I knew it I became more of a practical, fashion shopper. My rule is "if it comes down to my price range and my size is available then it was meant to be," other than that no go.

J Crew Factory is always having sales, so be patient. I've been fortunate to get several suits at 30-40% off by waiting a few weeks. Yes, even on this site I wait for sales. A penny saved is a penny earned and on this site you can save a lot of pennies. So if you want to pop some tags from home just get on J Crew Factory and get your "Come Up" on. It's F#%@ing Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment